The 2018 Protect the Children Gala
We invite you to come out and enjoy a night of entertainment as we raise awareness of Human Trafficking and child abuse prevention.
Behind Every Girl, a Village
You have heard the saying, “it takes a village to raise a child” but have you ever seen it in practice? What if every child were exposed to every positive influence, person, or experience of interest to them in their community? In their region? In their world? The Female Development World Organization seeks to be this village beginning with girls and young women across the diaspora.
A focus on the gaps in education and providing more pathways to higher education.
HB159/SB596 Control Human Trafficking in Florida
Human Trafficking is on the rise in America. The number of reported cases is over 35% higher between 2016 and 2017 nationally and over 50% higher here in the State Florida; according to The Florida Department of Children and Families.
- Raise public awareness, especially to children, through education and public awareness campaigns
- Teach warning signs of human trafficking
- What is considered inappropriate behavior even by a family member
- Establish a hotline for accurate and prompt reporting of an incident.
Protect the Children Gala
The Female Development World Organization invites youth and children advocates to support us as we raise awareness for the prevention of human trafficking and child abuse.
Local and international leader’s gathers for an elegant evening designed to inspire activities and funds to support organizations in South Florida and the Caribbean working with the survivors of human trafficking and child abuse.
Funds raised through the “Protect The Children” charity gala will assist our local South Florida Communities and International Partners in accomplishing successful outcomes.
- Eve For Life
- Jamaica Tourist Board
- Tuff Gong International
- Mister Mister Foundation Inc.
- Caribbean National Weekly (CNW)
- Irie FM
- Jamaica Observer
- Waste Management
- Yellow Cab
- Vintage Events
- Victoria Mutual Building Society
- The Government of Jamaica
- Florida State Rep. Barrington Russel
- City of Tamarac Board of Commission
- City of Lauderdale Lakes Mayor Hazelle Rogers
- City of Miramar Mayor Wayne Messam
- City of Lauderhill Vice Mayor Howard Berger
- City of Lauderhill Commissioner Ken Thurston
- Kiwanis Club of Lauderhill
Program Committee Members
- Lavern Deer
- Jamaica Tourist Board
- Denise Grant
- Karrelle Chang
- Pauline Tucker